Founded in 1911 and located in a densely populated area, Kwong Wah Hospital (KWH) provides comprehensive medical services to the residents of Mong Kok and Wong Tai Sin Districts. The current buildings of KWH were constructed in the 1960s and 1980s, but the extremely heavy utilization of its facilities to cope with the growing service demand has accelerated their deterioration. Though numerous improvement works have been carried out over the years to address the issues of inadequate space and outdated facilities, the situation is still suboptimal for accommodating the service needs and service modernization of KWH.
Therefore, a redevelopment of KWH will be carried out to facilitate the provision of modern and safe services to meet the future healthcare needs of the community. The redevelopment will modernize KWH to enhance its operational efficiency, as well as provide a patient-oriented environment for the delivery of holistic and seamless healthcare services. Phase 1 of the redevelopment of KWH has been completed and is ready for operation in April.
The visit will briefly introduce you to the project background and green technology applications. It can also visit the public and plant areas of the new complex.
Date: 28 April 2023 (Friday)
Time: 9:30am - 10:30am
Venue: Kwong Wah Hospital (KWH)
Address: Kwong Wah Hospital, 25 Waterloo Road, Yaumatei, Kowloon, Hong Kong
No. of Seats: 20 (reserved in first-come-first-served basis
Fee: Free of Charge
- The seats will be reserved in first-come-first-served basis with duly completed registration form.
- All participants will be asked to wear masks during the visit.
- All participating members shall arrange their own transport to the venue.
- While PGBC will arrange for insurance policy (COVID-19 and/or pandemics are excluded) for the participants, members may consider taking out their own insurance policy to cover their own risks.
- Claims related to COVID-19 and/or pandemics are excluded under the insurance policy procured by the PGBC.
- Latecomers will NOT be picked up and will NOT be allowed to join the visit.